Bequests are an important part of your personal legacy, representing your life and values. They are relatively easy to establish and maintain, and provide an ideal opportunity to create a lasting gift to Wellspring. Your bequest can be for a specific amount or a percentage of your estate.
Benefits of Making a Bequest
- A bequest is a cost-effective way to establish a substantial gift to Wellspring while maintaining financial security.
- You can make a commitment to support Wellspring now but retain your funds during your lifetime.
- A bequest is a tax-effective means of supporting Wellspring: Your estate may claim gifts in the year of death equal to 100% of your net income in that year and the preceding year.
- A bequest is revocable and can be changed if your financial situation changes.
- It is a great way to leave a lasting testimony and fulfill your personal wishes for Wellspring.
Establishing a Bequest
- Please use Wellspring’s full registered name "Wellspring Cancer Support Foundation" in your bequest clause. Wellspring’s charitable registration number is 89272 8940 RR0001.
- Wellspring would be pleased to assist you and your legal counsel by providing sample wording to ensure that Wellspring can accept your gift as you intend.
Please contact Julie Cookson at Julie@Wellspring.ca
or 416-961-1928 for more information on making a bequest.